Join the Geekscape Forums!!!

The Geekscape Forums!
Ruining your social life every single day!

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Merry Christmas Geekscapists. Your Forums are LIVE.

Posted on 8:33 PM by JonathanLondon

The New Geekscape Forums

Enjoy. Martin Scherer (Sherem) put his entire weekend into this for us. Did you actually think we were going to wait to give you guys forums? Vanilla gives us all sorts of add ons and options so give us as much feedback as you can.

Now don't you feel like you belong again? I know my friend Furby here does!

19 Response to "Merry Christmas Geekscapists. Your Forums are LIVE."

.
gravatar
Unknown Says....

Good I was beginning to worry that I would have to name my new car all by my self.

.
gravatar
Anonymous Says....

I just got my geekscape seal of approval!

see you all at the boards ^_^

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

Should be super fast. Try again and check your junk folder. What user name is it coming in under?

.
gravatar
Anonymous Says....

martin I don't know if you'll see this but I'm having really weird problems signing into the forum. I keep getting punted back to the discussion page but not logged in.

.
gravatar
JonathanLondon Says....

Any problems, you can e-mail martin@geekscape.net

We're making this place real nice!

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

First suggestion: Try refreshing your cache in your browser.

Still researching the problem, and will post more findings here as I come across them. If anyone is online right now and experiencing this problem, please email me so we can start an IM convo about this.

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

2nd theory: Try deleting any geekscape.net cookies you have. See if you can log in without clicking remember me.

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

does this sound right for whats happening:
"OK, I didn't notice this happening after a while.

When I log in to Vanilla, the corner text in the page that shows up right after logging in reads "not signed in". If I click anything (even reload) it reads "Signed in as ....." as it should have. From there on, it behaves the right way even if I log out and back in. If I close the browser and reopen it, the problem shows up again."

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

Okay, I'm 99.95% sure this is php session problem-- delete your cookies if your have them then giv'er.

.
gravatar
scherem Says....

I think the problem was solved, and it related to cookies. You may have to clear your geekscape cookies to get back in.

.
gravatar
Anonymous Says....

martin invested an ENTIRE weekend? dood has gotta be single.